KULT - The price of freedom
The Dark Secret is something that has affected your Characters life greatly. The details will be discussed between the GM and the player but first and foremost it’s the player who should pick a Dark Secret he think is cool and fun to play. Below follows a list of all suggested Dark Secret from Kult:
- Chosen – Your character has been chosen to be the Leader or Victim of a cult or god (maybe both). When the time is right they will fetch you.
- Curse – You and/or your family are victims of some terrible curse. Your eldest son might have sold his soul to the devil or be destined to kill his mother.
- Family Secret – Your family is not like other families. Maybe they are members of a secret society/cult. You where initiated into the secret in your early childhood.
- Forbidden Knowledge – You have come across knowledge that you’re not suppose to have. Maybe your dreams give you clues to open rifts in reality or, maybe, you one day came over a ledger containing classified military information.
- Guardian – You have been appointed the guardian of an important object until an indeterminate time in the future.
- Guilty of crime – Some time in your life, probably when you were very young, you commited some horrible crime like murder, rape or a fatal brutalization. You are constantly tormented by your bad conscience. It may also be a memory of a lesser crime that you have magnified out of proportion in your mind.
- Inheritor – You have inherited a mysterious, and occult, object from a remote and unknown relative. You are fascinated by the object and refuse to give it up even when others are out to get it…
- Insanity – You have been mentally ill.
- Occult Experience – You have participated in or been a witness to occult proceedings. It might be conjuring demons, sacrificial rites or rites that transform human beings beyond recognition.
- Pact with Dark Powers – You have made a pact with a power of Darkness. Perhaps you have sold your soul to a demon or you may have forsworn the right to a life after death. Maybe for wealth, power or to save your own life. Anyone who has made such a deal is constantly terrified at the thought that his past will catch up to him.
- Possessed and Haunted – You have at some time been the victim of a spirit or demon. It might have possessed your character or just haunt you wherever you go.
- Responsible for medical experiments – You have, in the name of science, performed some dubious experiments in medicine, psychology or some other similar field. You are constantly troubled by the thought of the people you crippled or killed. The victims, or their families, are probably out to get you.
- Supernatural Experience – You have witnessed something that doesn’t fit into reality. Something that contradicts the normal framework of reality. Perhaps, you disappeared for several days as a child only to appear in a desolate glen with a smile on your lips. Or your hometown was suddenly emptied with you as the only survivor.
- Survivor Friend – Someone close to you was doing research into the occult. When he came to close to the ’’Truth’’ he disappeared or was killed; he might have gone into hiding, or perhaps he was kidnapped. When he disappeared (or killed) mysterious stranger began harassing you demanding that you tell them what you know or to keep quiet about it. The problem is: You don’t know what the secret is.
- Uprooted – Something in your family’s past has forced your family to live a itinerant life, always on the run. Maybe it is a curse or a punishment for outrageous crimes. Maybe you just belong to a religious minority.
- Victim of Crime – You have been the victim of some horrible crime or forced to take part in disgusting rituals and events that marked your life. You never dared tell anyone about it.
- Victim of medical experiments – You have taken part in, or been exposed to, dubious medical, psychological or genetic experiments. You don’ remember the details of the experiments To learn what has happened you may have to explore your own past.